Friday, December 28, 2012

Vitamix Strawberry Soy Sherbet

John and I got a Vitamix for Christmas!  We took it out of the box yesterday and have already used it 5 times!  It is quite possibly the best gift I have ever received.  It is seriously life changing!  Not only does it make awesome smoothies and desserts, but it makes HOT soup in minutes with very little prep (we've already made two different soup recipes).  I cannot wait to experiment and try new recipes.  Tonight for dessert I adapted this recipe based on what we had on hand and made Strawberry Soy Sherbet.  It was definitely a winner so I wanted to document it before I forgot.  Since we ate it all I have no photos, but I am sure I will be making this recipe again soon and I will add photos at that time.

VITAMIX STRAWBERRY SOY SHERBET
Ingredients:
1 Cup Vanilla Soy Milk
1 Pound Frozen Strawberries
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions:
 Place all ingredients in the container in the order listed above and secure the lid.
Turn machine on starting at variable 1, working your way up to variable 10.
Use the tamper to push ingredients toward the blade.
After 30-60 seconds the machine will make a chugging sound - this means it is done.
Serve immediately.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment