Monday, February 2, 2015

Gender-Predicting Old Wives' Tales

We are pretty confident that this baby is a girl, especially since I ask the doctor to check during almost every sonogram.  I still thought it would be fun to look at all the old wives tales regarding gender, so here goes...

  • If you carry high, it's a BOY; if you carry low, it's a GIRL - I think I have been carrying low this entire time, so this one is WRONG
  • If baby's heartbeat is under 140, it's a BOY; heartbeat over 140, it's a GIRL - Baby's heartbeat was almost always over 140, so this one is RIGHT
  • If you crave salt and sour, it's a BOY; if you crave sweet, it's a GIRL - I craved both sweet and sour, so this one is no help at all
  • If you suffer from morning sickness you're having a GIRL - Considering I had hyperemesis and couldn't get out of bed for 2 months, I'd say this one is spot on!
  • If you sleep on your left side, it's a BOY; if you sleep on your right side, it's a GIRL - They tell you to sleep on your left side while pregnant, so this is what I tried to do.  Usually I ended up sleeping on my back or stomach (bad, I know) so I don't think this one works for me either.  
  • If you are clumsy, it's a BOY; if you are graceful, it's a GIRL - I run into walls, make noises when I get off the couch or floor, and drop things all the time (today I kept dropping things in to the trash while I was working, UGH).  This one is wrong, but I would like to know what pregnant woman is more graceful.  
  • If your partner pack on the sympathy pounds you're having a GIRL - John definitely did not gain any weight, so this one is WRONG 
  • Finally, according to the Chinese Gender Predictor we are having a GIRL...I think.  I am not really sure exactly what month she was conceived because it was on the cusp of 2 months, so according to my best guess (and math) it's a GIRL 
According to the Old Wives' Tales, we're having a half boy, half girl baby!

1 comment:


  1. If you’re going to strap on the same fake watchesevery day, it needs to look good wih both your Tuesday suit and your Sunday t-shirt, but you don’t want it to be boring. You don’t have to spend five figures to get a great breitling replica.The Globemaster ($120) handles all situations effortlessly and is packed with technology like a totally anti-magnetic movement and a more accurate and durable co-axial escapement,you’ll notice the seconds hand seems to tick like on a quartz
    rolex replica, but this rolex replicais because of a special gear-and-spring system inside that gives it the so-called “deadbeat seconds” for more precise timekeeping.As the brand’s iconic omega repliqueindividual product, admirable adroitness and absolute kelly 35cm demonstrates what both central and outside.
    Buy Cheap air max
    online.

    ReplyDelete