Saturday, August 13, 2011

Comfort Food

Since it was a cool 89 degrees in Dallas today, I decided to make "fall food" for lunch.  This summer has been brutal with 40 consecutive days over 100 degrees - 1 day short of tying the record.  This morning, we even woke up to rain!  It has not rained in MONTHS here.  I celebrated the "cool," cloudy day by making chicken and dumplings.  I found the recipe here.  I was a little worried that this recipe would lack taste, but it had good reviews.  I figured I would make it once and then doctor up if it deemed worthy of making twice (I am the queen of not following recipes and making them my own.  The only problem with that is when I don't write down what I did).  This recipe was delish!!!  I will probably add veggies next time, nothing too drastic.  Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment